Bonding, It’s Not Just for the Holidays
- Posted on: Nov 30 2016
Bonding. At this time of year, it’s assumed that term must mean people coming home for the holidays and getting back together with the family. Or else, it’s the practice of watching seven straight James Bond movies on TBS during the holidays!
Or, if you want great looking teeth, you should think about dental bonding with Dr. Miller. Dental bonding can be a good solution to certain dental problems. Dental bonding uses resin, a mix of tooth-colored plastic and glass, to cover or fill an assortment of dental problems. Bonding is an alternative to more expensive porcelain veneers.
What can bonding do for my teeth?
Before you get all excited that you’ll be able to cover up all of your tooth imperfections, know that bonding is strictly cosmetic. Any real issues such as decay or gum disease need to be addressed before we can do any bonding. Remember, bonding is not a restoration, only a cosmetic cover-up.
Here are the cosmetic dental problems that can be fixed with bonding:
- Fill large cavities
- Restore teeth that have lost mass due to decay
- Brighten heavily discolored teeth
- Fill tooth cracks and chips
- Protect the tooth root when gums recede
- Fill gaps between the teeth
- Improve the symmetry of the teeth
- Hold veneers and crowns
The benefits of bonding?
- Ease — With bonding, there is no waiting for fabrication of veneers or a crown. Bonding is done in the office, usually in a single visit.
- Cost — Bonding can be an alternative to more expensive procedures such as veneers, crowns, or certain large precious metal fillings. Dr. Miller uses bonding to address many of the same problems that can be treated by the other procedures mentioned above, but at a much lower cost.
- Painless — Since bonding involves placing the bonding material onto your teeth, there is no need for any anesthesia.
How is it done?
Dr. Miller applies the resin in layers. A layer is applied and then sculpted as needed. When satisfied, that layer is then cured with a special light, and then the next layer is applied. This is done until the final look is achieved. Once placed, the resin can be shaped, ground, and polished. The end result is a beautiful smile, and it can all be done in just a single appointment.
Interested in bonding, without Miss Moneypenny? Call Dr. Miller at 503-640-9310 and let’s talk about bonding, not James Bonding.
Posted in: Dental Bonding